Saturday, January 13, 2018

Rituals

Ideally, I'd like to be able to wake up with the sun, refreshed from a sound night of sleep. I'd wake up with perfectly dewy skin, with nary dark circles, or eye bags in sight. I'd glide into the kitchen, and put the kettle on for a nice pot of tea. I'd then take a steaming shower,  and cook a full Japanese styled breakfast.

Lately it's been waking up till the last second possible, brushing my teeth while trying to put on clothes. Gone are my sanctuary, replaced by this little thing called frantic reality.

It's 2018, time to be more strict with myself. Sleeping early seems to be impossible these days (seriously. How hard is it to sleep before 11? Surely can't be that difficult), and even though I do wake up with the sun, I have little to no motivation of getting up. Worse, I can feel my skin deteriorating. Well, not Freddy and Jason bad, but you get the gist. For someone who is trying to delay wearing make up for as long as possible, having dewy skin is kind of a big deal.

This is what I propose for myself:

  • Wake up at 6:30AM
  • Read for 30 minutes in the morning 
  • Cook better breakfast, and actually be able to sit down and enjoy it 
  • Drink enough liquids 
  • Be more productive at work 
  • Spend no more than an hour cooking 
  • 30 minutes exercise 
  • Have a lighter dinner, but a fulfilling lunch 
  • Learn something new every day 
  • Sleep by 11PM 

Well, with that in mind, I technically only have 3 hours of free time each day.
I'd probably put in 2 more hours of work every day.

Which leaves only an hour of free time.

How does that even work? What about cleaning, staring into space, volunteering, meditating? The next time I talk to you, just know that I'm using my precious minutes to spend time with you.





No comments:

Post a Comment